- Having GMAC send your official GMAT score to the school.
- Having ETS send your official TOEFL score to the school (if applicable).
- Drafting, trashing, redrafting, editing and fine tuning your application essays and submitting them.
- Having your supervisors / professors submit their online reference forms.
- Scanning and uploading all your transcripts – mark sheets, certificates, achievement letters, et al.
- Repeating this process for 5-8 schools
A reasonable guestimate is that if you have your scores in place, it will take about 4 to 5 weeks to put your first application packet in place. Subsequent applications (if you are applying to more than one school – which you should) will take about 2 additional weeks each – mainly to fine tune your application essays for that school and have the reference letters for that school completed by your referees.